Senior PHP Developer with WordPress
- FunctionSenior PHP Developer with WordPress
- CampusSofia, Bulgarije
About the job
Does the idea of working with a surprisingly close-knit international team of experts appeal to you? Our colleagues from campus Copenhagen would like to talk with you about joining our international team of experienced and professional developers, and system architects.
As a Senior PHP Developer at iO, you are often facing our clients, so it is a requirement that you speak and write English at a professional level. It is your responsibility to provide technical specification documents for customers, including technical strategy, workflow diagrams, and use/test cases.
At iO, we follow a modified version of the WordPress coding standards that use parts of the PSR standards, which we expect you to be familiar with. As a WordPress developer at iO, you are given time to experiment and try out new methodologies and frameworks. We value your creativity and curiosity and see this as an asset for our continued improvement.
Therefore you are expected to be able to think for yourself and find solutions to problems, even if it is problems you have not dealt with before. You will become part of a team that values cooperation and your colleagues are always ready to help, and it is expected that you are also ready and willing to lend a helping hand when your co-workers need it. Knowledge-sharing is an important part of the team’s synergy, so daily meetings with the team are an integral part of your working day.
Your qualities and skills as Senior PHP Developer with WordPress
What you bring as a PHP Developer
- Experience with PHP - preferably in WordPress
- Performance optimization of web solutions made in WordPress
- System architecture in complex web-based solutions
- Plugin development
- Development of mobile-friendly themes
- Security on WordPress
- Great command of English, both written and spoken
It is a plus if you
- Development tools such as wp-cli, vagrant, unit tests, or composer
- Development and version control (we use git)
- Elastic Search
- Varnish caching engine
- CI/CD pipelines
You give us your time, your dedication and your talent. And we are very grateful for that! But what do you get in return?
Here's what you can expect from us:
- 1800+ inspiring iO colleagues, located in Bulgaria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark
- Hybrid working mode
- Programs to grow and develop yourself
- An informal and open working atmosphere
- 26 days of annual paid leave
- Modern office near "Mall of Sofia"
- Additional health and dental insurance
- Sport cards
- Food vouchers
- Public transport card/ fuel allowance
- Mobile device reimbursement
- Personal training budget and study days
Just drop by
Do we feel a match? Then we’ll take action right away. Starting with a meet & greet (face-to-face or virtually) – you know: first impressions and all that!
Discover your potential
That wasn’t too bad, was it? If we both have a good feeling about our first meeting, we’ll invite you for a short assessment to check how you can grow at iO. When and where it fits you, of course.
Meet your colleagues
There’s a bunch of people here who are very eager to meet you. The next time we talk, two of your potential coworkers will join us to discuss the results of your assessment.
Are we all still excited? Congrats: it’s time to sign your contract! We’ll go over all the practicalities together and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to get started.
Welcome to your campus!
Whether you live in Stockholm, Amsterdam, or somewhere in the Flemish fields, there’s always a campus close to home. Find out where to get a job and what's great about campus life after college.
This is what you get from us
You’re giving us your time, dedication and your talent. And we’re very grateful for it. But what do you get in return? Here’s what to expect.
Ready for an exciting career at iO? Apply using this form or through LinkedIn. We’ll contact you soon.